My Son First Day in School

Posted by Suplado | 2/26/2008 | | 0 comments »


I can’t explain the feeling I felt this morning. It was Kyle David’s first day in school, not yet a regular schedule since the official first day of school is yet on June 9th. It’s a sort off pre- class to make the child adopt to a real class. But his mom and I considered it as our son’s first day in school.

I was not as excited as my wife was based on how she’s been since the other day, when she said repeatedly what Kyle should be wearing and what should be his food. I was just calm and acted like today would just be a common family day. Until it came and deep inside I’m so excited also. I’m sure most of us parents felt that way too for our children..

I was also a bit worried at first what will be Kyle’s reactions if he’d already be inside the class room with out us by his side. What would be his actions if he will be joining by some other children his age also. Kyle has a playmates here in our neighborhood but not as many and not as long as he will be with his classmates now.

I am so glad that Kyle was behaving inside the classroom as I saw from the crystal window outside the room. He was just sitting there listening to his teacher until such time he was already participating in some discussions and activities. I felt lucky during my time because my mother was teacher and my classroom we relocated at the next room where she was teaching and I already know my teacher because she was my mom’s co-teacher and friend.

What a day --- 9:30am – 12:00 noon seem like months to me. This is just another chapter of a parents’ life. Tiring, exciting and scary but definitely one of the happiest moments of our life.



0 comments