What Kind of Job Do We have?

Posted by Suplado | 3/12/2009 | | 2 comments »

We are about to attend an important event overseas and we are currently processing our travel visa. As expected embassy officials will see to it that I will have to comeback in the Philippines.

This is a bit challenging for me because I am a registered nurse, too, so how will I convince them that I actually prefer to stay in my home country for now. I will just want to ask my fellow bloggers whose sole source of income is only blogging. On my forthcoming visa interview, if somebody from the consul’s office will ask me what is the nature of my job? Do I pay taxes for it? What could be the best answer?

Is blogging an acceptable job already? How about saying we’re into online publishing or maybe jobs in sales , marketing or advertisement. But then again, how about paying taxes? All I know is that bloggers who monetized their blogs don’t pay taxes in the Philippines. To all professional bloggers, I need help please!!!

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 18, 2009 at 1:05 PM

    Say you're an Internet Marketer...as for taxing part, I'm yet sure how to do this in Phillipines, but in Texas I pay taxes for the fact I have a company registered with the IRS.

    I accomplished this by simply getting an 'employer id number(EN)' using the IRS's toll-free number.

  2. Anonymous // March 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    I hope your visa got approved although with your status, it's not going to be easy. i suggest you ask advice from immigration lawyers. goodluck