Mementos from all over

Posted by Suplado | 7/17/2010 | | 0 comments »

People have many various ways of keeping a piece of a place they’ve been to. When coming from a beach resort, for example, tourists love to bring shells, sand, stones back home.

When coming from different places, some people like to bring back home items that are key products of these countries. These could be shoes, clothes, painting, house ware, food that distinctly identify such countries.

I realized that I tend to collect three things when I am outside Metro Manila or outside the country: these are brochures, keychain and coins. Speaking of coins, I just find them to be really cute proof that I’ve been to this or that place. The good thing about owning coins that are made of gold is that there are business establishments that buy gold coins. Thus, as time goes on, the gold coins increase in value. That is, if you’re willing to give away what you have been keeping all along.

0 comments