Crime Rates

Posted by Suplado | 9/19/2012 | | 0 comments »

It is the “ber” months by now. It is believed that petty crimes like hold up, snatching and burglary are expected to increase. So my question is this: given this knowledge provided by the statistics, how come our law enforcement agencies have not yet communicated about what they intend to do about it? Just yesterday, one house was burglarized and it is believed by eight persons were harmed. The driver forgot to close the door of the gate and despite the call to a police precinct which was just two blocks away from the house. There was no response from the police. With no police available in the station and only a desk officer around, what else can you do except do a blotter report of what happened? Luckily, the crime was not blamed by the police to the spring hinges of the door. 

 I remember few years ago when our car was parked outside our apartment parking area. It was also burglarized with some few things and the side mirror was also stolen. When I went to a nearby police station to report the incident and to ask for a blotter copy, I was even blamed by the desk officer because of what had happened. He then even asked for three hundred pesos for the police blotter when in fact, I realized that it only cost 10 pesos. I told my self that something inside the car was stolen, and on the other hand, I also experienced hold up inside the police station.

0 comments